Now you can also update Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G with official ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ firmware. Samsung is in process to roll out ICS update for most of its handsets. We have listed a simple procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G with the latest Ice Cream Sandwich firmware (Android v4.0.3).
- This update is strictly meant for unlocked Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G. Applying the same procedure on other Galaxy S II devices or any other device may produce unexpected & undesirable results.
- If your device is already rooted then by applying this update revoke root access from your device.
- The information given here is purely instructional and educational. There is no guarantee that the instructions given here will work under your specific and unique conditions.
- Instructions are to be used at your own risk. Android Trickz do not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to your device and you using the info provided in this guide.
- Read carefully and understand the whole guide before actually using it.
- Make sure to take back up the data before update procedure as its better to take precaution and back up all the required data.
- Minimum charge should be at least 60% so that device may not get turned off during the update procedure.
- Disable security tools installed on your computer so that it may not interrupt the update process.
- Enable USB debugging on your Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100G. To do this, go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Download the XXLPQ ICS update package (I9100GXXLPQ_I9100GODDLP7_I9100GDDLP5_HOME.tar.md5).
- Download Odin required to carry out the update procedure.
- File extracting software like WinRAR, WinZIP, 7-Zip or any other similar software.
Special Instruction For Custom ROM Users
If you are using any custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G the first enter your device into recovery mode and clear the cache and wipe all data. You can enter your device into recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up Key, center Button and while holding both of them simultaneously press the power button.
Once you are done cleaning the cache and data follow the below mentioned procedure.
Process to Update Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100G With Official ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ Firmware
To update Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G, please follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open Odin on your computer.
- Turn off your device to enter it in Download mode. Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G can be entered into Download mode by pressing Volume down Key, Center button (OK button) and while holding both of them simultaneously press the power button until the green robot is visible on the screen indicating that handset is in Download mode.
- Connect the phone to the computer after which you get the COM port visible highlighted with yellow color as shown in the image.
- After this, click on “PDA” present on right side and select the file named “I9100GXXLPQ_I9100GODDLP7_I9100GDDLP5_HOME.tar.md5” from the extracted folder of rooting package.
- Once the file is selected, click on Start to begin the update process. As soon as the update procedure is complete, your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G device will be rebooted. Disconnect the phone once home screen is visible.
- After the update process is complete enter your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G in Recovery Mode. Recovery mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key, center Button and while holding both of them simultaneously press the power button.
- Once the phone is in recovery mode, select the options for Wipe data/factory reset and also select Wipe Cache partition. After this reboot the device by selecting reboot system now. All the options can be accessed by using volume rocker key and to select a particular option press the power button.
NOTE: At any point of time if the process of rooting gets stopped or affected due to any reason then there is no need to worry, just restart the process by re-inserting the battery.
Congratulation, you have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G With Official ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ firmware. Now you can enjoy the latest version.